Reflux complicates the daily life of many people, is quite disturbing and can have different results, it is a serious stomach disease. Generally, it is not cared about unless there is burns, but later on, heartburn becomes extremely uncomfortable. The effects of the esophagus and gastric valve are great in the appearance of reflux. If these two do not work properly, it can cause reflux. It is a common disease in the world, but in our country one out of every 5 people özgü reflux.
What is Ulcerative Colitis? Causes, Symptoms, Prevention and Treatment
The most important reasons for this situation to increase recently are the increase in ready-to-eat food consumption and unhealthy living conditions. Reflux can sometimes be seen due to genetic factors. In the presence of reflux disease, it is impossible not to be understood. Continuous an acid that burns the stomach and throat is in question. Sometimes it can even cause a cough and can be confused with the cough that occurs as a result of the common cold. Naturally, there is no improvement after the treatment and it is understood that there is reflux much later.
What is Reflux?
The acid in the stomach is a substance that must be found naturally, but the increase in acidity due to various reasons and the arrival of this acid from the stomach to the esophagus and from there to the mouth is defined as reflux. If it takes a long time, the esophagus becomes irritated and continues to be irritated because it cannot protect itself. To avoid reflux, you should take care of your life and change your eating and drinking habits.
Reflux should not be considered only as a stomach disease, but the diseases it will bring with it in untreated conditions should be known. For example, if the acid escaping from the gastric valve reaches the lungs pneumonia may cause. It is generally seen in adults, but reflux in children negatively affects growth and development. Part of the stomach becomes narrow, bleeding occurs in the digestive tract. Esophagitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis, asthma and bronchitis may occur. most dangerous of all, it can cause stomach cancer.
What are the Causes of Reflux?
The most common causes of reflux malnutrition is located. The ready-made foods that people frequently consume recently triggered this situation. Apart from this, consuming too much acidic fruit vegetables and acidic beverages is among the causes of reflux. Apart from eating and drinking habits, genetic factors and stress are also effective in reflux.
The main cause of gastroesophageal reflux is that the esophagus özgü been in contact with excessive amounts of stomach acid for a long time. If the stomach acidic content comes into contact with the esophagus for a long time, it will cause damage and create a burning sensation after eating burning or bitter foods.
What Are the Symptoms of Reflux?
From the stomach to the throat burning sensation it increases especially at night. Sometimes a burning sensation can be seen even in the lungs. As a result of acid pain in the throat, cough visible. When acid secretion increases too much nausea livable. Along with nausea, aversion to food can be observed. If the acid özgü caused stomach irritation and sores are present, pain may also occur. Bitter water in the mouth and bad breath are other symptoms.
Chest pain caused by reflux is sometimes confused with heart pain. Some of the patients even consult a doctor with these complaints. However, reflux is diagnosed as a result of the examinations. Continuous cough that does not go beyond this, feeling of fullness in the throat, and the desire to clean constantly, nodules in the vocal cords, laryngitis and pharyngitis Like throat infections are conditions that indicate reflux.
Reflux symptoms in general; It occurs when you eat things like alcohol, freshly squeezed juices, foods with high fat and spice, and chocolate. The most common symptom is a burning sensation that occurs after meals and extends from the stomach to the throat. Let’s list the general symptoms of reflux as follows in order to be more memorable;
- A bitter taste in the mouth.
- Bad breath.
- Cough that doesn’t go away.
- Annoying sensation in the throat.
- Asthma attacks that do not respond to treatment.
- Burning sensation in the stomach.
- Very severe burning sensation in the throat.
- Difficulty hanging.
- The feeling that your food is caught in the throat while swallowing.
- Incurable pharyngitis.
What Are The Ways To Prevent Reflux?
Perhaps more important than treating reflux are ways to prevent the condition. If you hisse attention to your lifestyle and some of your habits, you can prevent such problems and prevent those annoying situations from happening. The first answer to the question of how to prevent reflux quit smoking should be. Experts state that this complaint occurs mostly in people who have been smoking for a long time. Other ways to prevent reflux are as follows;
- In your daily life, you should avoid alcohol, acidic instant drinks, intense spices, onions and garlic. Click for the damages of acidic beverages.
- Do not lie down immediately after eating, because in this case, what you eat may come into your mouth with acids. Moreover, stomach acid secretion increases while lying down.
- When you lie down, make sure that your head and neck are up.
- Reflux makes itself felt more in overweight people. Therefore, losing weight will relieve you. If you want to lose weight in a healthy way, check out this article.
- Avoid excessively strained movements and tight clothing. These cause pressure in the stomach, causing acid to escape.
- You will need to stop smoking because as you smoke, stomach acid secretion increases.
- Try to eat less but often.
- Avoid overeating, a long stomach is also a factor of reflux.
- Avoid excessively fatty foods like fried foods.
- If you are consuming too much caffeinated beverages, try to minimize it.
- Since vitamin B12 and magnesium deficiency causes reflux, try to find the minerals and vitamins that are low in the body and replace them.
- Long-term use of osteoporosis and bone fracture medications and blood thinners also cause acid in the stomach. This can be considered indirectly among the causes of reflux. Therefore, no matter what kind of medication, you should take precautions by asking your doctor about the side effects of this situation in long-term use.
How Is Reflux Diagnosed?
To make a definitive diagnosis of reflux endoscopy must be done. It is usually applied to patients who come with these complaints. The condition of the valve, esophagus and inner surface of the stomach can be observed with endoscopy. Sometimes, irritation and redness can be observed by looking at the throat from the mouth. However, these are insufficient together with the complaints. Endoscopy is essential for a definitive diagnosis.
What is Goiter Disease? Causes, Symptoms, Prevention and Treatment
What is the Treatment for Reflux?
Reflux patients usually anti-acidic and relieving drugs given. Reflux complaints disappear as a result of regular use of these drugs, but high probability of recurrence. In this case, drugs can be given without requesting endoscopy again. In addition, solutions can be sought only with simple antacids.
However, if the complaints do not end despite all these; surgical operations is implemented. Valve operations are the main ones. After the operation and treatment, habits should be reviewed and a healthy diet should be taken into consideration. Otherwise, it can be seen again even after surgical treatment.