It is a carcinogenic mineral that is used within the development and business sectors as a result of it is proof against warmth, abrasion and chemical substances with its fibrous construction.
Asbestos, which has a fibrous construction; It is often known as a mineral that is extremely proof against warmth, abrasion and chemical substances.
Asbestos, which is utilized in business and plenty of branches of business, is a carcinogenic substance, though it appears practical as a result of it is sturdy and versatile.
PROHIBITED IN TURKEY
The manufacturing and use of asbestos has been banned in Turkey since 31 December 2010.
Nonetheless, asbestos, which is a carcinogenic substance, could also be uncovered through the dismantling, demolition, restore and upkeep of beforehand used asbestos supplies.
USAGE AREAS OF ASBESTINE
– Textile business (fibers, materials, threads)
– Cement business (sheet, pipe)
– Constructing supplies business (processing of cement merchandise)
– Chemical business (paint filler, filler supplies, artificial resin compression molding supplies, thermoplastics, rubber merchandise),
– Insulation business (warmth, sound and hearth insulation)
– Paper business (asbestos paper, cardboard), brake, clutch, lining manufacturing
– Shipbuilding and wagon manufacturing.
WHERE IS ASBESTOS FOUND IN TURKEY?
Asbestos reserves in our nation; Çanakkale, Bursa, Muğla, Burdur, Konya, Eskişehir, Ankara, Çankırı, Çorum, Amasya, Tokat, Sivas, Erzincan, Ağrı, Bitlis, Diyarbakır, Kahramanmaraş, Osmaniye and Hatay. Amphibole sort asbestos deposits are primarily; It is situated within the provinces of Manisa, İzmir, Aydın, Denizli, Uşak, Kütahya, Eskişehir, Konya and Kastamonu.
DISEASES CAUSED BY ASBESTIC
Ailments attributable to asbestos normally happen over a few years. A physique uncovered to asbestos will present the illness inside 10 to 50 years.
In accordance with the construction of the asbestos fiber, asbestos fibers can accumulate within the lung tissue. Consequently, the ailments that may be attributable to asbestos are listed as follows:
– Fluid accumulation within the lung membrane,
– Thickening and calcification of the membrane surrounding the lung,
– Accumulation of asbestos fibers within the lung tissue (asbestosis),
– Most cancers of the membrane that surrounds the lungs and stomach cavity (mesothelioma)
– Lung most cancers
RISK OF CANCER IN Lungs EXPOSED TO ASBESTOS AND SMOKING
Whereas asbestos alone poses a 5-fold danger for the event of lung most cancers, the chance of smoking alone is 10-fold. The mix of smoking and asbestos will increase the chance of growing lung most cancers 50-90 occasions. Nonetheless, it is indistinguishable from lung cancers attributable to smoking or different causes.