The idea of the calm city, whose unique identify is Cittaslow, consists of the phrases “citta”, which suggests city in Italian, and “gradual”, which suggests gradual in English.
Cittaslow was based in 1999 by the mayors of 4 small cities in Italy, beneath the management of the Mayor of Greve in Chianti, Paolo Saturnuni, with a view to deliver the Sluggish Meals motion to the city dimension.
The Cittaslow motion was established to assist cities personal their very own identities and to forestall cities from changing into related and unified because of globalization.
It is tried to guard and help the native meals, native structure, traditions, customs, crafts and tradesmen of the cities by way of the standards set by the Union for the member cities.
Cities that wish to turn out to be a member of the union are evaluated on the idea of decided standards and it is inspected whether or not the cities adjust to the Cittaslow philosophy.
The standards, which have been decided as 59 on the time of its institution, have been up to date to 70 in 2013 with a examine carried out by the Worldwide Science Committee. The motion, which turned widespread amongst Italian cities within the first years of its institution, has 208 members in 30 nations right this moment.
Cittaslow has chosen 11 cities, districts or cities from Turkey as “Calm City” to date.
COMMON CHARACTERISTICS OF CALM CITIES
- Calm cities have lower than 50 thousand inhabitants.
- It preserves its conventional structure and the feel of the city.
- It retains the native style, crafts and humanities alive by passing them from era to era.
- It really works to forestall noise and air air pollution.
- Automobile visitors is low and a focus is paid to pedestrianization.
- It helps natural agriculture.
- Native merchandise are most popular as an alternative of quick meals in vitamin.
- It stands out for its hospitality.
- Air high quality is excessive and renewable vitality is used.
- Sonoma Valley, California
- Fairfax, California
- Sebastopol, California
- Hersbruck, Bavaria
- Waldkirch, Baden-Württemberg
- Überlingen, Baden-Württemberg
- Schwarzenbruck, Bavaria
- Lüdinghausen, North Rhine-Westphalia
- Marihn, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Deidesheim, Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wirsberg, Bavaria
- Nördlingen, Bavaria
- Dangerous Schussenried, Baden-Württemberg
- Katoomba, City of Blue Mountains
- Yea, Victoria
- Aylsham, Norfolk, England
- Berwick Upon Tweed, Northumberland, England
- Diss, Norfolk, England
- Ludlow, Shropshire, England
- Mildew, Flintshire, Wales
- Perth, Perth and Kinross, Scotland
- Cockermouth, Cumbria, England
- Sturminster Newton, Dorset, England
- Cheongsan Island, Wando, South Jeolla
- Jeungdo, Sinan County, South Jeolla
- Damyang, South Jeolla
- Akyang city of Hadong, South Gyungnam
- Jangheung county, South Jeolla Province
- Rubielos de Mora
- Falkoping, Vastra Gotaland
- Borgo Val di Taro
- Castel San Pietro Terme
- Castelnovo ne’ Monti
- Castelnuovo Berardenga
- Castiglione del Lago
- Castiglione Olona
- Cerreto Sannita
- Citta della Pieve
- Città Sant’Angelo
- Civitella in Val di Chiana
- Francavilla al Mare
- Giffoni Valle Piana
- Giuliano Teatino
- Strike in Chianti
- Massa Marittima
- Monte Castello di Vibio
- Orsara di Puglia
- Pellegrino Parmense
- San Daniele del Friuli
- San Gemini
- San Miniato
- San Potito Sannitico
- San Vincenzo
- Santa Sofia
TURKISH REPUBLIC OF NORTHERN CYPRUS
- Eidskog, Hedmark
- Levanger, Nord-Trondelag
- Sokndal, Rogaland
- Biskupiec, Warmia i Mazury
- Reszel, Warmia i Mazury
- Lidzbark Warminski, Warmia i Mazury
- Bisztynek, Warmia i Mazury
- Murowana Goślina, Wielkopolska
- Nowe Miasto Lubawskie, Warmia i Mazury
- Sao Bras de Alportel, Algarve
- Silves, Algarve
- Tavira, Algarve
- Lagoa, Algarve
- Visala, Minho
- Ahlat, Bitlis
- Akyaka, Mugla
- Egirdir, Isparta
- Gerze, Sinop
- Gokceada, Canakkale
- Goynuk, Bolu
- Gudul, Ankara
- Halfeti, Sanliurfa
- Koycegiz, Mugla
- Mudurnu, Bolu
- Thursday, Military
- Seferihisar, Izmir
- Savsat, Artvin
- Taraklı, Sakarya
- Uzundere, Erzurum
- Visa, Kirklareli
- Yalvac, Isparta
- Yenipazar, Aydin
#quiet #city #Cittaslow