German Chancellor angela Merkel made statements on the German Bundestag earlier than the European Union (EU) Leaders’ Summit, which is able to happen as we speak and tomorrow (March 25-26).
Earlier than the two-day summit, Merkel despatched heat messages to Ankara between the traces of her speech.
Merkel made statements about Turkey’s coverage in direction of its rights in the Eastern Mediterranean. “Turkey is signaling that it is taking steps to cut back pressure in the Eastern Mediterranean.” mentioned.
“TURKEY IS A VERY RELIABLE PARTNER”
He praised Turkey’s function in the refugee disaster, which hosts practically 5 million Syrian refugees.
He famous that Turkey is a really dependable companion and thanks to Ankara, the transitions to Europe have come to a standstill.
Merkel, “Turkey’s acceptance of three.6 million Syrian refugees deserves commendation.” he mentioned.
“MIGRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE RENEWED”
Referring to the journeys of hope that resulted in the deaths of irregular migrants in the Aegean, Merkel said that deaths have decreased thanks to Turkey.
After her phrases of reward about Turkey, German Chancellor Merkel introduced the problem to the migration settlement between Turkey and the European Union.
Expressing that the migration settlement needs to be renewed, Merkel mentioned that negotiations with Turkey proceed for this.
ARTICLES OF THE MIGRATION AGREEMENT BETWEEN TURKEY AND THE EU
The articles of the settlement signed between Turkey and the European Union on March 18, 2016 had been listed as follows:
- As of 20 March 2016, all new irregular migrants crossing from Turkey to the Greek islands will likely be returned to Turkey. Immigrants arriving on the Greek islands will likely be duly registered and their asylum purposes will likely be processed individually in cooperation with UNHCR (UN Excessive Commissioner for Refugees). These discovered ill-founded or inadmissible will likely be extradited to Turkey. The prices of returning irregular migrants will likely be coated by the EU.
- According to the UN standards for susceptible teams, for every Syrian returned to Turkey from the Greek islands, one other Syrian from Turkey will likely be resettled to the EU (1-to-1 method). Within the first stage, 18 thousand folks will likely be positioned, then a most of 54 thousand folks will likely be positioned on a voluntary foundation.
- Turkey will forestall the formation of recent irregular migration routes to the EU, will take every kind of measures to forestall sea and land routes, and can cooperate with neighboring states in addition to the EU in this route.
- When irregular crossings stop or drastically lower, the Voluntary Humanitarian Admission scheme, to which EU member states will contribute on a voluntary foundation, will likely be launched.
- Offered that every one standards are met by the tip of June 2016, visa facilitation and visa exemption points will likely be evaluated in favor of Turkey, and pace will likely be accelerated.
- The EU will speed up the cost of the three billion euro initially allotted beneath the Asylum Seeker Facility for Turkey, and tasks for these beneath short-term safety will likely be financed earlier than the tip of March 2016. When assets are shut to being absolutely utilized and obligations are met, the EU will launch an extra 3 billion euro fund by the tip of 2018 beneath the Facility for Refugees.
- Within the 18 March Settlement, the willpower to revive Turkey’s EU membership course of was additionally confirmed and the satisfaction that the seventeenth Chapter was opened to negotiations on 14 December 2015 was additionally expressed.
Earlier than the March 18 Reconciliation, the factors reached in October 2015 had been as follows:
- Turkey’s opening the labor market to Syrians beneath short-term safety
- Introducing new visa necessities for Syrians and different nationals
- Growing the efforts of the Coast Guard Command and the Normal Directorate of Safety in the sphere of safety and bettering data sharing
- The EU’s begin to distribute 3 billion euros of the Refugee Monetary Facility for concrete tasks
- Begin of labor on visa liberalization and accession negotiations Opening Chapter 17 to armistice
- Speedy readmission of migrants crossing from Turkey to Greece and never in want of worldwide safety
- Retrieval of irregular migrants caught in Turkish territorial waters
On the summit held in Brussels in June 2018, EU leaders determined to set up widespread facilities for the analysis of immigrant purposes, and it was determined to give 3 billion euros for the second tranche of the help package deal promised to Turkey for Syrian refugees.
EU DID NOT KEEP IT’S PROMISE
Regardless of the agreements made and the guarantees made, the European Union didn’t fulfill its guarantees and didn’t make the mandatory funds to Turkey.
#Merkel #Turkey #giving #signals #tensions #Eastern #Mediterranean
Dikkat: Sitemiz herkese açık bir platform olduğundan, çox fazla kişi paylaşım yapmaktadır. Sitenizden izinsiz paylaşım yapılması durumunda iletişim bölümünden bildirmeniz yeterlidir.