Baby and Adolescent Psychiatrist Assoc. Dr. Neslim Güven Değer Doksat identified that separation anxiety disorder in children turns into college phobia over time and warned dad and mom.
‘TIME TURNS INTO A SCHOOL PHOBIA’
Nevertheless, Assoc. Dr. Neslim Guvenworth Doksat, ”The situation of continuous this image after two weeks is named ‘separation anxiety disorder’. On this case, for the reason that baby doesn’t wish to keep in school, the kindergarten administration normally asks the household to choose up the kid from college. Particularly after 4 weeks have handed, it’s an acceptable conduct to take away the kid, who continues to be not used to it, from college, however a number of the households attribute the rationale why the kid doesn’t wish to keep in college as a result of they have no idea that it is a scenario that requires skilled help, and so they hope that the scenario will enhance once they develop up. On this case, untreated ‘separation anxiety disorder’ turns into ‘college phobia’, which is rather more troublesome to deal with in the next years. Subsequently, it is rather vital to deal with separation anxiety disorder at an early age.”(*5*) warned.
Doksat listed the causes of separation anxiety disorder in children as follows:
– The mom herself has a pessimistic and anxious character,
– Because of the mom’s personal anxiety disorder and/or obsessive-compulsive disorder, she behaves overly protecting in direction of her baby and shows apprehension switch behaviors in direction of her,
– Sibling jealousy brought on by the older baby being began in kindergarten on the time of sibling delivery,
– Existence of battle marriage between dad and mom, being uncovered to bodily and/or emotional violence,
– Being in the method of divorce or being newly divorced,
– A critical sickness or lack of dad and mom or prolonged household,
– Being uncovered to relocation or immigration.
HOW TO AVOID SEPARATION ANXIETY
Underlining that oldsters have vital obligations in the face of this threat, Doksat made important suggestions in order to scale back the event of separation anxiety and adverse ideas in children:
1. It is extremely vital that oldsters don’t undertake a very protecting and caring parental angle in direction of their children, and that they don’t exhibit anxious and apprehensive conduct patterns in direction of their children. After the primary 12 months of age, the kid’s bed room needs to be separated and it needs to be supported to change into an autonomous and autonomous particular person. It shouldn’t be forgotten that children who insist on sleeping in the identical mattress with their moms are primarily to get rid of the adverse expectations of the mom who feels anxious and/or lonely. At this level, it’s of nice significance that oldsters who can not exhibit acceptable conduct search psychiatric help and deal with their very own anxiety problems.
2. From the age of 1 and a half to 2 years, the kid’s being a separate particular person needs to be completely supported. It’s essential to pave the best way for his autonomy in issues comparable to carrying the garments he needs, expressing himself, and realizing his self-care expertise.
3. In case of sibling delivery, rivalry shouldn’t be triggered and jealousy needs to be prevented.
4. In circumstances comparable to battle marriage and contentious divorce, it is rather vital that oldsters obtain skilled psychological well being help.
5. Skilled psychological well being help also needs to be sought in case of significant sickness, loss in the household or in case of relocation or migration which will adversely have an effect on the emotional adaptation of the kid.
Doksat added that with the recommendation he shared, it’s doable to stop the event of separation anxiety disorder in children and to stop the emergence of a critical sickness comparable to college phobia in the medium-long time period.
#tips #separation #anxiety #disorder #children